Affordable, Sustainable Living through Power in Education.
@kimmothy - she/they
I’m Kim, a BA Fine Art Representative at Chelsea.
Being a rep has highlighted large-scale issues that won’t be solved at course level. The Cost of Living is Out of Control. Services are Difficult to Access. Education seems more a Luxury than Human Right. Students should not be sacrificing Time, Money and Health for Education at the current scale.
As CCW Officer I will liaise with college committees to Improve Student Learning and Culture at UAL, and work with Arts SU and NUS to lobby Improvements to Student Living at a National Level.
Actions I stand for:
- Revive National Protest Against Tuition Fees
- Demand Lower Accommodation Costs
- Lobby TfL and National Rail for Student Railcards
- Free Period Products and Condoms in UAL bathrooms
- Establish Food Banks and more Free Meals across UAL sites and accommodations
- CCW Art Fairs: regular open-access fairs held across CCW for students to sell and display
- Expand Mental Health Services: regular workshops and faster access to counselling
- Easier Access to Accommodation Advice, Visa Assistance, Financial Support and NHS Services
- Onsite CCW Recycling Centres: develop material sustainability and broaden creative practices
- Creation of Green Spaces across CCW : gardens and growing spaces curated by students
- Build Partnerships with Grassroots Organisations and Businesses: develop Accessible and Ethical Careers and Opportunities beyond UAL
- Raise Student Voice at CCW: maintain that the institution recognises the needs of marginalised groups - LGBTQIA+, BIPOC, Disabled and International Students
- Further the Decolonisation and Modernisation of CCW Programmes : widen access to committee meetings
- Recover more Social Spaces at CCW: Student Bars are safeguarded and create onsite jobs
- Forums for Students Across CCW
I believe we can Unify the CCW Community, and I am pushing for a UAL Online Platform : opportunity for Cross-Course and Cross-College Communication and Interdisciplinary Collaboration.
Vote for Kim !