Our Aim & Key Activities
ArtsFems is UAL's intersectional feminist society. We are an open, inclusive society, and welcome members from all backgrounds and of all identities. We meet regularly for discussions, socials and, events. By becoming a member you'll be part of an awesome group of people and have an open, friendly space to discuss issues with a common goal of fighting inequality. With an emphasis on being actively involved in making, curating and promoting female, non-binary and minority artwork the society has organised events including:
- Our first exhibition 'A Voice of One's Own'; which ran for a week at ULU's Playhouse Gallery during the Student Fems London Conference.
- A panel discussion on 'Women Behind Art' held at Housman's Bookshop, where we had four guest speakers ranging from artists, curators, editors and gallery directors.
- A talk with the editors of 'Let's Start A Pussy Riot'.
- A gig night of female fronted bands headlined by the amazing Skinny Girl Diet.
- Creating our first zine, campaigning, crafting and other cool stuff!
Regularly at various spaces in and out of UAL.
The society was formed in 2012 as a means to explore our interests in feminism, and provide a platform for other students to get together and discuss pressing issues. Since forming, the society has won the NUS' 'Women's Group of The Year' award and 'Most Improved Society' at the ARTS SU awards.
Click here to view terms and conditions
Please note: By signing up to a UAL Society you agree to adhere to the Arts SU code of conduct. Memberships are non-refundable.