We are run for students by students which means you as our members are at the heart of our work and set our priorities and direction each academic year. To do this we work to ensure that all our students have a voice at UAL and have the systems to speak out and make change through their Students Union.
As a student at UAL, your voice is represented through:
- Full-Time Student Representatives (Sabbatical Officers) who are involved in work that covers all aspects of student life. Their job is to ensure that the work of Arts SU, and of the University, reflects the wishes of the student body. Your representatives met regularly with key UAL decision-makers at all levels within the University and are members of important committees where they can effect positive and impactful change for UAL students.
- Student Elections: All student elections happen to all students twice a year to elect your National Union of Student Delegates (Autumn) and full-time Sabbatical Officers (Spring). Students are able to stand for the positions we have available during key election periods. For more information visit our elections page.
- Course Reps: we ensure that every UAL student's academic interests and study is represented through course representatives who are recruited on every course/cohort throughout the University. Course representatives provide crucial student feedback and viewpoints on the academic experience of their cohort and work with school/department Deans through Student & Dean Forums to provide recommendations to wider issues/topics affecting the student experience.
- Democracy & Decision Making : having recently undergone a Democratic Review and held a referendum where students approved a new student representation system , we are currently in the process of implementing these new exciting structures to enhance your representation as a member of Arts SU.
- Arts Awards: gives students the opportunity to recognise the UAL staff who have made all the difference to their experience at UAL. This is your chance to thank your tutors, lecturers, technical staff and support staff for all of their hard work and support.