The Elite Athlete programme is designed to support the very best student athletes in any sporting discipline competing at a national or international level, to help balance an academic and sporting career. The scheme provides the flexibility and assistance you need to combine your studies with training and competition commitments at the highest levels of sport. The scheme is open to both home and international students.
What we currently offer:
- A bursary to cover costs such as membership fees, equipment, travel, and accommodation. Our elite athletes budget their activity accordingly.
- Support to aid them in their development.
- Support for athletes that wish to enter BUCS competitions.
What we expect:
- Represent the university at competitions by wearing UAL branded kit.
- Communication on dates that the athlete will be competing.
- Working with the SU to create promotional materials.
- Potential coaching with our student-led sports clubs.
- Feedback on the Elite Athlete scheme.
Athletes wishing to apply for the Elite Athlete Programme must meet all of the following criteria:
- Current student at UAL
- Compete and represent the university for your chosen sport
- Currently compete nationally or internationally at the time of application
If you have any questions about the programme, please do not hesitate to get in contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.