Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – students’ unions are all seriously fun places to work. They are organisations in their own right. Professionally run, but different. Professional teams support elected student leaders to make change, improve lives, and fulfil potential; we help make this happen. Our vision is to be a creative union for creative students. Our mission is to create and maintain a community where students can build and enhance their time at UAL into a transformational experience. At the heart of everything we do are our values.
- We are member-led. We exist for the benefit of our members and work in their interest. Our work must be led by our members. This means, we ensure that the diversity of student voices at the University of the Arts London are at the heart of our decision-making processes, campaigns, services and activities
- We are daring. How we do things is just as important as what we do. University is a space for growth, for experimenting, for developing. As an organisation, we are committed to developing new ideas which push boundaries and are outside of the ‘normal’ ways of working.
- We are collaborative. We are at our best when we work together. As an organisation, we are open to change and challenging our way of thinking. We are continually learning, talking and sharing information with our students and stakeholders to ensure that we are making the best decisions and offering the best services for our members.
- We are supportive. We know that studying at University can be a tough time, but it can also be life-changing. As an organisation, we believe in the principles of social justice. This means that we are committed to students having equality of access and participation in our services.
- We are also committed to the principles of equity, recognising our members need different levels of support and empowerment as they navigate their time at University.