Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – students’ unions are all seriously fun places to work. They are organisations in their own right. Professionally run, but different. Professional teams support elected student leaders to make change, improve lives, and fulfil potential; we help make this happen. Our vision is to be a creative union for creative students. Our mission is to create and maintain a community where students can build and enhance their time at UAL into a transformational experience. At the heart of everything we do are our values.
- We are member-led. We exist for the benefit of our members and work in their interest. Our work must be led by our members. This means, we ensure that the diversity of student voices at the University of the Arts London are at the heart of our decision-making processes, campaigns, services and activities
- We are daring. How we do things is just as important as what we do. University is a space for growth, for experimenting, for developing. As an organisation, we are committed to developing new ideas which push boundaries and are outside of the ‘normal’ ways of working.
- We are collaborative. We are at our best when we work together. As an organisation, we are open to change and challenging our way of thinking. We are continually learning, talking and sharing information with our students and stakeholders to ensure that we are making the best decisions and offering the best services for our members.
- We are supportive. We know that studying at University can be a tough time, but it can also be life-changing. As an organisation, we believe in the principles of social justice. This means that we are committed to students having equality of access and participation in our services.
- We are also committed to the principles of equity, recognising our members need different levels of support and empowerment as they navigate their time at University.
Tender for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are currently on the search for an organisation or individual to support with the creation of our organiational Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy. This piece of work will focus both on ensuring we are offering opportunities for our diverse student body, alongside an evaluation of our work on this important area asan empolyer. We are keen to have external expertise in this area to ensure we are the best we can be as a membership organisation who prides ourselves on our work on social justice.
If you wish to have a chat about the process please contact our Deputy CEO Christina Kennedy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Invitation To Tender Document