Arts' Awards 2021
Nominations are now open!
The Arts’ Awards give students the opportunity to recognise the UAL staff who have made all the difference to their experience at UAL. This is your chance to thank your tutors, lecturers, technical staff and support staff for all of their hard work and support.
We want to know about any UAL staff member that has made a difference to you this year.
Deadline for nominations for UAL staff: Sunday 11th April 2020 at midnight (GMT)
So what happens once I have nominated?...
- Staff who have been nominated will receive your anonymous comments.
- A panel made up of students and staff will decide on the winning nominations.
- The winners will be awarded a trophy at the Arts’ Awards Ceremony in May
Categories and Criteria
- Student Experience Award - Someone who has a positive impact on the students' experience by going above and beyond what is expected, supporting students to realize their potential outside of the classroom, recognizes challenges and makes students feel like a valued part of their community.
- Outstanding Teaching Award - Someone who inspires students to develop their understanding and passion for their subject area with creative and accessible pedagogy.
- Outstanding Technical/Operational Support Award - This person gives outstanding technical or operational support by working with students and staff, sharing their expertise in and aside from their curriculum while fostering a sense of community in their college.
- Diverse and Inclusive Education Award - For those who demonstrate their commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion through their practice. Who challenges the status quo in their discipline through developed accessible methods and working towards de-constructing systematic challenges that exist in the arts ( i.e decolonizing) within their classroom.
- Outstanding Online Learning and Teaching Award - This person rises to the challenges on online learning and teaching, using creative methods and practices to deliver an outstanding online experience. They transform online spaces into positive, engaging learning environments and have tackled challenges in delivery of their course by embedding student feedback into positive outcomes for their University experience.
- Outstanding Post Graduate Supervisor Award - This person actively supports postgraduate students throughout their postgraduate journey, including their personal and career development, as well as in research projects. They have a pioneering approach to supervision and to the extra mile to help students navigate through their Post-graduate student experience.
- Education Officer's Award - This award does not have an set criteria , and will be awarded to a member of staff, or team by the Education Officer/Sabbatical Officer team.
- Course Rep of the Year - This award is for a student in the course rep role who has provided incredible representation and impact to the student experience for their cohort, creating positive changes in the learning experience. A separate nomination form for this award can be found here: Course Rep of the Year Nomination Form
Both staff and students can nominate one of our course reps for this award.
Fancy getting paid to design the Arts' Awards 2021 Trophies, Certificates, or ceremony animation?
We're looking for creators to design and make trophies, certificates, and animation for our 2021 Arts Awards. We are offering three separate commissions: £1200 for 24 trophies, £150 for a certificate design, and £500 for an animation package.
Click here to read our open call and find out more!