^This link will take you to the form for both students and staff to fill out.^
The Arts’ Awards give students the opportunity to recognise the UAL staff who have made all the difference to their experience at UAL. This is your chance to thank your tutors, lecturers, technical staff and support staff for all of their hard work and support.
We want to know about any UAL staff member that has made a difference to you this year.
Keep an eye out for nominations opening for the Arts Awards 2022.
So what happens once I have been nominated?...
Staff who have been nominated will receive your anonymous comments.
A panel made up of students and staff will decide on the winning nominations.
The winners will be awarded a trophy at the Arts’ Awards Ceremony in May
Categories and Criteria
- Student Experience Award - Someone who has a positive impact on the students' experience by going above and beyond what is expected, supporting students to realize their potential outside of the classroom, recognizes challenges and makes students feel like a valued part of their community.
- Outstanding Teaching Award - Someone who inspires students to develop their understanding and passion for their subject area with creative and accessible pedagogy.
- Outstanding Technical/Operational Support Award - This person gives outstanding technical or operational support by working with students and staff, sharing their expertise in and aside from their curriculum while fostering a sense of community in their college.
- Diverse and Inclusive Education Award - For those who demonstrate their commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion through their practice. Who challenges the status quo in their discipline through developed accessible methods and working towards de-constructing systematic challenges that exist in the arts ( i.e decolonizing) within their classroom.
- Outstanding Online Learning and Teaching Award - This person rises to the challenges on online learning and teaching, using creative methods and practices to deliver an outstanding online experience. They transform online spaces into positive, engaging learning environments and have tackled challenges in delivery of their course by embedding student feedback into positive outcomes for their University experience.
- Outstanding Post Graduate Supervisor Award - This person actively supports postgraduate students throughout their postgraduate journey, including their personal and career development, as well as in research projects. They have a pioneering approach to supervision and to the extra mile to help students navigate through their Post-graduate student experience.
- Students' Union Special Recognition Award- This award does not have an set criteria , and will be awarded to a member of staff, or team by the Sabbatical Officer team.
Internationalisation of the curriculum – This staff member or course team has brought in the most international perspectives into their curriculum, creating diverse content and discussions for the course.
Climate Change and Sustainability Award - This staff member or course team has put time into cultivating sustainable practice within course projects from conception to implementation.
Above and Beyond Award – This staff member or course team has listened to students' feedback and acted on it, adjusting and improving accordingly.
- Course Rep of the Year - This award is for a student in the course rep role who has provided incredible representation and impact to the student experience for their cohort, creating positive changes in the learning experience.
Both staff and students can nominate one of our course reps for this award.
Fancy getting paid to design the Arts' Awards 2022?
We're looking for creators to design and make trophies, certificates and an in-person awards night video for the Arts Awards 2022 that recognizes the outstanding contributions student and staff have made to the student experience at UAL.
We are offering three separate commissions:
- Trophies Commission (estimated x24 trophies) : £1200
- Certificate Design : £150
- Awards Night Video : £300
These figures are inclusive of both the production budget and the artist’s fee.
We are looking for students to design these essential parts of the awards want you to design how that will look!
Deadline for entries: 23/01/2022
* The commission panel (made up of staff and Student Representatives) will determine the who is selected upon which every entry will receive feedback from the panel. The decision and feedback will be circulated to entrees by Friday 4th February 2022.
Arts Awards Commission Call Out 2022
Click here to hear from the students who were commissioned last year