Your Student Leaders, commonly known in Student Union's as Sabbatical Officers, are elected in the spring each year by UAL students and are paid to work full-time for a whole academic year from July until June.
Your Officers meet regularly with key decision makers at all levels within the university and are members of important committees where they can effect change for UAL students.
Click on the Officer profile above to view what they have been working on.
What do your Officers do?
Your Officers are elected by you, accountable to you and exist to represent your interests as a UAL student. As your full-time/paid representatives, the Full-Time Officers:
- Deliver campaign pledges to create change across UAL, in accordance with the manifestos they were elected on.
- Contribute to various UAL meetings on behalf of students, relaying your views and advocating for your interests (Executive Level and College Level) .
- Work with UAL staff on recruitment of senior positions, developing University strategies and processes, allocating budgets to student support/wellbeing/community and overarching decision making.
- Chair termly academic Student & Dean Forums in every college at UAL.
- Faciliate and co-lead student led iniatives with Arts SU staff.
- Support and work with over 1,200 student representatives (course reps, school reps, society and sport committee members, part-time officers).
- Undergo duties in their Trustee role of the Arts SU charity & business.
And many other ad-hoc tasks and projects.
Your Officers are responsible for different colleges and roles:
The CCW Officer represent the interests of all students studying at Chelsea, Camberwell and Wimbeldon colleges.
The LCF Officer represent the interests of all students studying at London College of Fashion colleges.
The LCC Officer represent the interests of all students studying at London College of Communication college.
The CSM Officer represent the interests of all students studying at Central Saint Martins college.
The Community Officer represents the interests of student Societies, Sports and Liberation Groups, supporting them to deliver events and activities.
The Union Affairs Officer develops Arts Students' Union activities, facilities and services, working to ensure they are accessible for all students.
Click on the individual Student Officer links above for more information about this year's elected student leaders.
In order for you to keep up to date with everything they are working on for you, the Full-Time Officers provide weekly video updates on the Arts SU Instagram page.