Your Student Leaders, commonly known in Student Union's as Sabbatical Officers, are elected in the spring each year by UAL students and are paid to work full-time for a whole academic year from July until June.
Your Officers meet regularly with key decision makers at all levels within the university and are members of important committees where they can effect change for UAL students.
Click on the Officer profile to view what they have been working on in their role for you.
What do your student leaders do?
Your student leaders are elected by you, accountable to you and exist to represent your needs/interests as a UAL student. As your full-time/paid representatives, the Full-Time Officers:
- Run campaign initatives to influence change across UAL (following the manifesto's they were elected on).
- Attend various UAL meetings on students behalf relaying your views (UAL Executive Level and College Level) .
- Work with UAL staff on recruitment of senior positions, developing University strategies/processes, allocating budgets to student support/wellbeing/community and overarching decision making.
- Chair termly academic student & dean forums in every college at UAL.
- Faciliate and co-lead student led iniatives with Arts SU staff.
- Support and work with over 1,200 student representatives (course reps, society and sport committee members, part-time officers).
- Undergo duties in their Trustee role of the Arts SU charity & business.
And many other ad-hoc tasks and projects.
In order for you to keep up to date with everything they are working on for you, the Full-Time Officers provide weekly video updates on the Arts SU Instagram page.