Vote for wellness, improved education, and access to professional opportunities!
Hi! My name is Tionne Debnam and currently, I am a BA Fashion Marketing Student. I am very excited to be running for LCF Officer!
Having studied at LCF for three and a half years now, I believe that I have an understanding of the interworkings of the college and the needs of my peers. Alongside my studies, I have spent my time at LCF creating events that increase student employability and working with UAL staff to decolonise university-wide education. When elected, I will continue to work towards improving the student experience while working with students and staff to create lasting change within LCF.
I have the following experience that will allow me to be an effective LCF Officer:
- President of the Future Marketers’ Society for two years
- Organised ten student events including; a social media marketing panel conversation featuring a L'Oréal marketing executive, various social gatherings, and a series of portfolio building workshops
- 2020/21 London College of Fashion Officer
- 2020/21 National Union of Students’ Delegate
- Panellist in Decolonising the Curriculum Teacher Learning Day, sharing not only my experience with being taught a euro-centric curriculum but my recommendations on how to create a more inclusive curriculum
- Facilitator for the UAL teaching and learning conference, leading a discussion around the disconnect between the teaching resources and culture and how to be more inclusive of the wide-ranging backgrounds of UAL’s diverse students
Once elected as LCF Officer, I aim to:
- Organize student wellness pop-ups on the LCF campuses
- Lobby for more course-industry project collaborations
- Organize more industry speaking and networking events
- Continuing the work of decolonising fashion education
- Increase community within LFC with college-wide social events
- Work with students to ensure their concerns are not only heard but put into action by the university
- And much more!