Free legal services
We've compiled a guide to free legal services which will give you somewhere to start when finding support.
Civil Legal Aid
Additionally, Civil Legal Aid is a free and confidential telephone service that is offered to those eligible for legal aid. They can offer free legal advice on the following issues:
- debt, if your home is at risk
- housing, if you’re homeless or at risk of being evicted
- domestic abuse
- separating from an abusive partner, when you’re making arrangements for children or sorting out money and property
- a child being taken into care
- special education needs
- some child abduction cases
If you are not sure if your case is eligible have a look at their website. If you’re not eligible they can refer you to a more appropriate service. You can contact them on 0345 345 4345.
This is for references purposes only
This does not constitute any recommendation or affirmation by Arts SU of the quality of service. It remains incumbent on you to ensure any legal services or advice you use are appropriate for you.