This is a part of a series of development training Arts SU organises for course representatives across UAL to develop their knowledge, skills, and confidence in their role. This session is specifically for new course representatives.
We want to ensure all course representatives are empowered to represent the experiences and views of their cohort on their academic course over the duration of the academic year. This includes course reps being able to gather feedback from students, raise student views to staff members and work with staff to drive changes that benefit the student experience.
In this skills development training we will:
- Introductions from the SU Team and a Sabbatical Officer
- Icebreaker - get to know fellow course representatives across UAL.
- You're Role - briefly covering your responsibilities and duties *Covered in-depth in the Mandatory Online Briefing
- Scenarios - working through scenarios you commonly face as a course rep and how you would work to address them.
- The Feedback Loop - all about feedback from students to yourself, course committees, dean forums, members meetings etc
- Support You Recieve from Arts SU - how to utilise the SU in your role.
- Further Opportunities to Make Change - Arts SU Elections, School Reps, Quality Reviews, Consultations, Commissions (Arts Awards 2022).
- Questions - end of session questions & answers.
Register by signing up to to the event - from which you will then receive a Zoom Meeting Link.
See you there