Want to make change? Got an Idea?
We've got the tools to make it happen! The Ideas platform is the new interactive way to submit topics for discussion, propose policy, and suggest campaign ideas to improve student life here at Arts.
Idea submissions will be taken to the Student Forums and the Annual Members Meeting
Passed ideas (Arts SU Policy Book):
Passed ideas, either via the Ideas Platform (Your Ideas) or via one of our All-Student Meetings are referred to as SU Policy. This means that it is an objective we must focus on at the SU as mandated by our members (UAL students!). Ideas that are passed will be official SU policy for 3 years.
You can read the full list of previously passed ideas via our SU Policy Book!
Passed ideas policy book (Updated August 2023)
How does it work?
- Make sure you're logged into the Arts SU website, and press the "New Idea" button.
- You'll need to give your idea a title, try to keep it as concise as possible. (e.g: Arts SU should publicly support UCU)
- Fill in the Ideas form, answering the three questions:
What is the current situation? (Background)
What will be the impact of your Idea? (Why)
What action could Arts SU take to develop your idea? (How)
- When you submit your idea, we'll review it and get in touch if we have any questions. We'll also let you know the status of your idea such as when it's live on the website.
- Once your idea is live, all students will be able to vote and comment on your idea. So be sure to campaign to get your idea passed.
How do I get my idea approved?
All ideas require 20+ Yes votes to be referred to our Student Forum to be discussed.
If your idea reaches 100+ Yes votes, it will automatically be approved.
If your idea is approved, either by the Student Forum or reaching 100+ Yes votes, we'll be in touch on how to make your idea a reality!
What happens if your idea isn't approved?
We review all ideas before they're available on the website, if we have any questions at this stage we will be in touch.
If your idea is rejected or doesn't reach the voting threshold, we can work together to review your idea and submit it again.
Got any questions or feedback?
This is a new system, and we appreciate your patience during its implementation. If you have any questions about the Ideas system or have feedback on how we can do things differently email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got an Idea? We've got the tools!