A person smiling, they are wearing a black coat with a yellow shirt underneath.

Changing your name and/or gender

advice hubwellbeing

Updating your photo ID

Students who undertake transition whilst at University may decide to change their name and aspects of their appearance. Some students require changes to photo ID during their transition.

Updating your name

If you decide to change your name you will be asked to submit a Changing Student Records Notification Form. You can obtain this by emailing diversity@arts.ac.uk, and the Equality and Diversity Officer will help you to submit this to the right person.


Contact the SU Advice Service

Email us

Usually the fastest way to contact us is to email using our contact form.

We always aim to reply within 5 working days, but often reply much sooner.

We generally answer in chronological order but if your issue is very time sensitive please mark your email 'Urgent' and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can.

Email us

Book an appointment (new clients only)

If you prefer to speak to someone directly, and you have not spoken to us previously about the issue, you can book an appointment with an Advisor.

If you already have an Advisor assigned to you and you would like to speak to them please just email them directly - this will be usually be much faster than using the booking form!

Book an appointment