A person smiling, they are wearing a black coat with a yellow shirt underneath.

Support with eating disorders and body image

UAL Student Services can offer eating disorder advice. If you'd prefer to speak to someone external to UAL Beat Eating Disorders is a charity that offers a student hotline where you can speak to specialists in confidence.

advice hubwellbeing

What Beat do

Their national Helpline exists to encourage and empower people to get help quickly, because the sooner someone starts treatment, the greater their chance of recovery. People can contact then online or by phone 365 days a year. They listen to them, help them to understand the illness, and support them to take positive steps towards recovery. they also support family and friends, equipping them with essential skills and advice, so they can help their loved ones recover whilst also looking after their own mental health.

Visit website

If you need professional medical advice

You can find more details regarding health advice from the UAL Health Advisers, you can find information on this and on registering with a GP (UK doctor) on their website.

UAL Health Advisers


Contact the SU Advice Service

Email us

Usually the fastest way to contact us is to email using our contact form.

We always aim to reply within 5 working days, but often reply much sooner.

We generally answer in chronological order but if your issue is very time sensitive please mark your email 'Urgent' and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can.

Email us

Book an appointment (new clients only)

If you prefer to speak to someone directly, and you have not spoken to us previously about the issue, you can book an appointment with an Advisor.

If you already have an Advisor assigned to you and you would like to speak to them please just email them directly - this will be usually be much faster than using the booking form!

Book an appointment