A person smiling, they are wearing a black coat with a yellow shirt underneath.

Visa issues

The UAL Student Advice Service can help you understand your visa status and resolve any issues you might be having.

advice hubwellbeing

Immigration and visas

Depending on your nationality and UK immigration status, you may need to follow specific regulations to enter, study and work in the UK. UAL's Advice Service can provide advice about:

  • applying for visas and permission to remain in the UK as a student
  • eligibility requirements, application process and anything related to the outcomes of applications
  • document checks for student visa applications and extensions
  • understanding the requirements of the immigration rules: duties about work, police registration and other legal requirements
  • information on the other immigration routes available to students, graduates and their families.

Find out more


Contact the SU Advice Service

Email us

Usually the fastest way to contact us is to email using our contact form.

We always aim to reply within 5 working days, but often reply much sooner.

We generally answer in chronological order but if your issue is very time sensitive please mark your email 'Urgent' and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can.

Email us

Book an appointment (new clients only)

If you prefer to speak to someone directly, and you have not spoken to us previously about the issue, you can book an appointment with an Advisor.

If you already have an Advisor assigned to you and you would like to speak to them please just email them directly - this will be usually be much faster than using the booking form!

Book an appointment